Reference documents and presentations can be found on the Timetable page.
2011 PrepSKA WP2 Annual Meeting
17-21 October 2011
University of Manchester
The final PrepSKA WP2 Annual Meeting will take place in Manchester from 17 to 21 October 2011. In contrast to previous years, the week will be exclusively dedicated to WP2 meetings, breakout sessions and presentations. Not only will it provide an opportunity for the WP2 participants to meet and focus on the results and achievements thus far, it will also provide an opportunity to discuss the developments and prepare for the future. The meeting will also provide a forum for face-to-face discussions between SPDO staff, members of the SKA Design Groups, Liaison Engineers, the Science Working Group and other members of the science and engineering community.
Specific topics to be addressed during the meeting will be:
· Review of recent scientific results relevant to SKA;
· Major outcomes and lessons learned from the series of system and element Concept Design Reviews;
· Consideration and process for finalisation of the Design Reference Missions;
· As preparation for the forthcoming System Requirements Reviews: presentations and discussions on the principal aspects of the System Requirements Specification, SRS, in preparation for devolving into element SRS’s;
· The expected deliverables and hand over from PrepSKA into the next phase of the project as guided by the Project Execution Plan.
The main meetings will be held from Tuesday to Friday, October 18 to 21, with additional working group meetings on Monday, 17 October and Friday, 21 October. Please contact Kobus Cloete (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information and/or suggestions for the programme.
Location : Chancellors Conference Centre (Manchester, UK)
Room : The Flowers Theatre
Chancellors Hotel & Conference centre
You are hereby invited to register on this website. Registration will close at the end of September 2011.
More information with regards to the venue and accommodation are available on this site and additional information will be added as and when it becomes available.
Please take note of the block bookings that have been made and please book your accommodation before the expiry dates as indicated on the website (which are 31 August and 16 September 2011).
The meeting is only open to personnel from SKA lead and contributing institutes as well as SKA committees and workgroups.
Note that, unless specifically invited, the meeting is closed to industry representatives.