VENUE AND TRAVEL INFORMATION
The in-person portion of the meeting will be held at the CNR Research Area.
The street address is Via Piero Gobetti, 101, 40129 Bologna (the link will take you to the location on google maps). The room will be 216 (first floor the main hall).
The CNR can be reached with buses n. 87, 37 and 34. Detailed instructions on how to reach the conference venue can also be consulted here (including bus, train and taxi information from /to the Airport and train station).
The nearest airport to CNR is Aeroporto “G. Marconi”, which is located approximately 10 km from the city center of Bologna. The airport is connected to the main train station Bologna Centrale via the “Marconi express” electric train (more information here).
**Note that Bologna has become a popular destination, especially in Spring and Summer. We encourage the interested participants to reserve their own accommodation as soon as possible, to avoid outrageous prices.
Hotels in the town centre and close to the railway station are very conveniently located with respect to the CNR Research Area.
Below, please find a selection of possible solutions for the accommodation. Feel free to explore for more on, e.g., booking.com.
UNAHOTELS Bologna Centro
Mercure Bologna Centro
Allegroitalia Espresso Bologna
AC Hotel by Marriott Bologna
Astoria Hotel Bologna
* We_Bologna (https://we-bologna.com/en/hostel-bologna/) is a modern hostel quite conveniently located between the main train station and the CNR Research Area. It could be a good option for people willing to share the room or travelling with accompanying persons
RESTAURANTS FOR ALTERNATIVE DIETS
The following places are just a few suggestions for those who follows alternative diets.
- Clorofilla (Strada Maggiore 64c) https://www.instagram.com/ristoranteclorofilla/
- Estravagario (via Mascarella 81h) http://www.estravagario.org/menu/
- Malerba (via Petroni 15b) https://www.malerbanaturalfood.it/
- Uno Caffè Olistico (via Oberdan 27a) https://www.facebook.com/unocaffeolistico/
- Aldina (via Paolo Fabbri 4C) http://www.aldinaglutenfree.com/
- Fabbri Piadinerie E Non Solo (via Strada Maggiore, 23d) https://karinaspallatti.wixsite.com/piadineriefabbri/menu
- Ristorante La Capriata (Corte Isolani, 1e) https://www.lacapriata.it/
- Pan8 (Via D’Azeglio 8) https://www.panotto.eu/
- In Italy the power plug sockets are of type F (“Schuko”) and L. Standard voltage is at 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz.
- Please, note that there will be mosquitoes already in May, especially around the CNR area. We recommend to bring with you insect repellents.
- More info on activities and places of interest in Bologna can be found here https://www.bolognawelcome.com/en